Your Web Chick’s Got Your Back when it comes to website maintenance, so you can focus on more important things, like running your business. Why do you need a WordPress Maintenance plan?
• Security • Performance • Protection •
Security: Now that WordPress has become so widely used, some hackers seem to have nothing better to do with their time than to wreak havoc on your site…any site…by targeting the vulnerabilities in your WordPress installation. The developers of WordPress regularly create patches to fix these vulnerabilities and these patches are passed along to you via periodic updates. By failing to keep your WordPress website up-to-date, you risk becoming victim to these nasty attacks that can easily be diverted by simply keeping your WordPress current. It is highly recommended that you always keep your theme and plugins updated as well, to ensure that they are fully compatible with the latest WordPress version.
Performance: WordPress saves revision after revision as you edit your pages and posts. You can easily wind up with 25+ versions of a post or page. Multiply that by the number of posts and pages on your site, and you could wind up with tons of extra data stored in your database! Some experts don’t feel this has any effect on performance, but I say the more streamlined your database is, the better! Additionally, broken links can negatively affect your SEO – I’ll take care of those, too!
Protection: What if something happened and you lost all the content on your website? What’s your time worth? How much of that time have you invested in your site and what would it take to replace it if you lost it all? This calculator can help you determine a cost estimate of what you’ve got invested in the pages and posts on your website:
So what would you say this peace of mind is worth to you? I’ve had people tell me $100 a month or more. But I’ve Got Your Back starting at just $40/month!
Here’s What’s Included:
- WordPress core, theme and plugin updates*
- Broken link check – repaired when possible, otherwise just reported (more than 10 in a given month may incur additional charges OR can be covered by your 30 monthly support minutes)
- Backup of website & database – stored for local access in your WordPress dashboard AND offsite on a secure Amazon S3 server
- Restoration of your website from backup should anything catastrophic occur (perish the thought!)
- Revision control – to keep your database streamlined and performing optimally
- Malware scan – to protect you AND your visitors
All processes are monitored in real time by an actual human being (me!), not by automated bots who can’t respond appropriately if an update or other change negatively affects your site.
* In addition to daily routine update checks, I receive weekly WordPress vulnerability reports from Wordfence alerting me to new vulnerabilities in plugins, themes, and the WordPress core. When I receive these reports, I check to see if any of my maintenance clients are running any of these elements. If they are, I ensure they’ve got the patched version online. If there is no patch, I will confer with my client to determine the best course of action regarding the vulnerable component.
BONUS: Up to 30 minutes each month of WordPress support (sorry, no rollover). So, if you need help doing some things on your site, I can assist. That can be in the form of done-for-you, done-with-you (via Zoom) or a video tutorial (I’ll upload it to YouTube so you can DIY).
Start your subscription today. I’ll be in touch for access details. Choose the monthly plan best suited for your needs below.
The fine print: Plans are administered via Stripe subscription service, are automatically deducted from the source you designate and may be cancelled at any time.