With Facebook nearing 2 billion monthly active users, it’s evident that Facebook is the world’s largest social network. As Facebook’s reach becomes even more global, its intended focus over the next decade is to bring the world closer together by empowering people to build and support communities on Facebook.
Guided by that intention, the platform recognized group administrators as real community leaders on Facebook and announced this week the rollout of new features with Group admins in mind, including:
- Insights: Group admins will have access to growth- and engagement-related statistics, such as at what times Group members are most engaged.
- Filtering for Membership Requests: On the heels of the screening feature Facebook rolled out recently allowing admins to pose up to 3 questions to would-be members is another filtering tool. If you get TONS of membership requests, you’ll especially appreciate this one: sort and filter membership requests by things like gender and location. Then you can decline (or accept) all at once.
- Automatic Deletion of Removed Member Content: Admins will be able to keep their groups safe from trolls and other baddies more easily. Remove a person from the Group and you’ll also be able to remove the posts, comments and other people they added to the group – all in one step.
- Post Scheduling: This is the one that excites ME the most. Admins and Moderators will be able to schedule posts to appear in the group on a particular day and at a time you choose. Use this tool in conjunction with your Insights to have the post hit during those times when members are most engaged and voila! You have an even more engaged community!
- Linking Groups Together: Facebook is also beginning to test group-to-group linking, which will allow admins to recommend groups to their members that may be similar or related to their own.
YOUR TWO CENTS: Are you a Facebook Group admin? What new feature(s) are you most excited about? Let us know in the comments below!
[block id=”3157″ title=”About the Author”]