Amazon’s Third Annual Prime Day is upon us and that means an opportunity to grab some awesome deals for your small business (and yourself!). Beginning at 9PM ET (6PM PT) on July 10, get in on thousands of lightning deals with new deals starting as often as every 5 minutes for 30 hours straight.
What is it?
Started in 2015, Prime Day is Amazon’s annual deals event designed to be one of the world’s best days to shop, with awesome prices on everything from tech to games, home to fashion and beauty, sports to pet supplies and beyond! Here is just a sample of the deals offered during Prime Day last year (2016):
- Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 260 12.5″ Laptop for $799.99 (33% off)
- Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone for $89.00 (31% off)
Awesome for live streaming and home audio recordings alike!
- Amazon Fire HD Tablet for $149.99 (35% off)
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 for $44.99 (55% off)
That’s better than half price!!
What’s the catch?
Besides the fact that grabbing these deals can be highly addictive, Prime Day deals are only available to Amazon Prime Members (hence the name ‘Prime Day’). But here’s the cool thing: even Amazon Prime Members enjoying a free trial can take advantage of the deals!! FYI, if you request your free 30 day trial or join Amazon Prime from this post, I might earn an affiliate commission.
What else do I need to know?
Prepare yourself for the event by reviewing the Insider’s Guide. It contains great Prime Day tips and tricks that will help you take full advantage of the best deals for Prime Day!
Is Amazon Prime worth the membership fee?
It really depends on how much you would take advantage of the benefits, which include:
- FREE Two-Day Shipping in the contiguous US on most items with no minimum order (need a bar of soap in a hurry?) and no limit on uses (order once a week or more all year long and you won’t max out this benefit)
- Unlimited streaming of select movies and TV series
- Unlimited ad-free access to hundreds of playlists and more than a million songs
- Unlimited secure photo storage with enhanced search and organization features in Amazon Drive
- Early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon.com, 30 minutes before everyone else
- Borrow books, magazines and more from the Kindle library
- Access to Audible Channels (a $60/year value)
- 5% back at Amazon.com using the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card (standard Amazon Rewards Visa is 3% back)
And that’s just scratching the surface. See the full list of benefits here.
Here’s hoping you get your hooks in some outta this world deals!!
Award-winning web professional Bonny Clayton, aka Your Web Chick, offers web design, support and maintenance for small business, with a specialty in WordPress.
A Tech Geek with a Creative Streak℠, she helps small business owners and entrepreneurs everywhere establish and maintain their online presence. She is committed to serving them according to their needs, whether that means “giving them a fish” or “teaching them to fish”.