As a small business owner, you need access to great images for your website, blog posts, print marketing, etc. There is an abundance of “royalty free” sites out there that charge a nominal fee for their graphics. But if you need a LOT of artwork, those nominal fees can really add up! Well, I have discovered a site chock full (yep, I said “chock full”) of high-quality graphic art to dress up your Facebook page, blog, or what have you that is absolutely FREE. There is a “standard license” for all their 350000+ images that states the following:
You may use the Image:
- In digital format on websites, multimedia presentations, broadcast film and video, cell phones.
- In printed promotional materials, magazines, newspapers, books, brochures, flyers, CD/DVD covers, etc.
- Along with your corporate identity on business cards, letterhead, etc.
- To decorate your home, your office or any public place.
You may not use the Image
- For pornographic, unlawful or other immoral purposes, for spreading hate or discrimination, or to defame or victimise other people, sociteties, cultures.
- To endorse products and services if it depicts a person.
- In a way that can give a bad name to SXC or the person(s) depicted on the Image.
- As part of a trademark, service mark or logo.
- SELLING AND REDISTRIBUTION OF THE IMAGE (INDIVIDUALLY OR ALONG WITH OTHER IMAGES) IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN! DO NOT SHARE THE IMAGE WITH OTHERS!
For some graphics, the license requires that you ask permission for certain usage of an image (for example, if you plan to put it on t-shirts or mugs and sell them). Each image has a View image license link beneath it that you can click to view its individual license terms. For the most part, the only limitation you will find here is if you plan to sell something the image appears on. So go check out Stock.Xchng and grab some awesome high-quality visuals like these: